Sunday, December 19, 2010

DERS RT/BeeRS


1. For our readers can you tell them who you are, where your from and what crews you represent? (like what we did with the represent?)

I write Ders and I Represent RT and BeeRS crew from LONDON, Therefore I have no idea why I’m on a blog about Cyprus graff : )

2.What made you start writing on walls?

I’ve always liked graffiti so it made sense to write on a wall.

But I guess I got into graffiti though a love of art, Wanting to be damn cool and seeing all the track sides from Zonk, Pies. Char, Take, etc when getting the train into London.

Oh and that FDC with the UnionJack Background that was at wimbledon, I never got bored of seeing that.


3.When did you make the transition of painting canvas's and legals or was this the aim from the start?

I’ve always been too lazy to be a illegal writer, so I guess I just fell into painting legals but I wouldn’t say it was my aim from the start. As for my transition to canvas, seeing as I’ve owed you one for nearly two years now you know I very rarely do a canvas

4.Been part of a crew do you feel that it has pushed you to paint more and evolve your styles or do you find painting alone creates this?

If I was Left to paint alone I don’t think I’d ever paint, so yes having a crew dragging my out to paint helps a lot and the fact that they’re always pushing themselves and improving with every piece means I really have to pull my finger out.


5.You have traveled a lot from what we know about you, Which country do you find offers the best talent?

Hmmmmm Hard question. Germany has some amazing graffiti out there. However I’d say Copenhagen, They have kegr and Bates nuff said.

6.Have you got any travel plans for the near future apart from coming to Cyprus?

I’m Looking to spend a few weeks in China next summer, if not I’d love to go back to America.
But I’m mainly looking forward to the team BeeRS trip to make your life Hell in Cyprus.



7.Being from London do you find the London scene has been an influential scene in the graffiti world?

I’d have to say no. When ever I go to Europe people have very little knowledge of the London scene. Or if they do its always quite negative perception.




8.What are you top 5 writers if you have any?

I hate this question, I don’t have a top 5 but here are 5 writers that have influenced me.

Smash
Teach
Spoe
Askew
Choer.


9.Thanks for giving us your time for this interview Deroks. Would you like Any Hellos/Shouts?

Big ups to, King Vaze, Meka, Choer, Chock, Towns, Vibes, Crome, Dazer. Amuk, Raws, Has, Tan1one, etc etc etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment