Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks for that

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Today, I am thankful that I come from a family and a financial background that has allowed me to get the kind of high-class education that I have enjoyed in the United States and now in the United Kingdom. Tertiary education used to be free for all UK citizens just a few years ago and now the new coalition government is threatening to lift the cap on tuition so that fees could rise, conceivably to an unlimited amount (£9000 a year is the current talk).

Protests have rocked the capital (and the country) as a result of these developments. Yesterday students occupied many universities, including my own, University College London. This is a shot of some of those students gathering prior to sitting in at the UCL Finances office.

No comments:

Post a Comment