Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving, English-style

As a transplanted American in London, I obviously have to post a picture of the Thanksgiving dinner I ate last night with 15 other American students.

The ovens in our student housing aren't really big enough to do a proper roast turkey, so instead we ordered turkey and cranberry and sage and stuffing pies from Borough Market. And I found canned cranberry sauce at the local supermarket (where I bumped into several other Americans looking for the same thing). I found this hybrid of a traditional American dinner oddly comforting. And, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I was also able to speak to my entire family back home via webcam.

And now I'll be eating leftover Minnesota wild rice for the next two months. Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment